The mission of the Consortium for Comparative Research on Regional Integration and Social Cohesion (RISC) is to promote the comparative examination of the human and environmental impacts of various aspects of regional integration across geographic areas and time periods through the creation of a cross-regional and interdisciplinary network. Moreover, the research conducted through this consortium could eventually support social action projects in local communities through improved understanding of evolving political and economic context.
- Create new programs of comparative research through the establishment of interregional networks
- Promote intellectual exchange between researchers in different continents through multilingual activities
- Establish new publication opportunities
- Support exchanges of professors and researchers
- Facilitate the mobility of Ph.D. candidates
- Provide a support structure for applications for external research funding